Sunday, May 10, 2009

Crafty crafy

I have had the house to myself for the last 24hrs so I took the opportunity to get out my new sewing machine and make a bit of a mess. I know you're supposed to plan sewing projects to prevent wastage but I've always been more of a trial and error girl. Out of the chaos however came two little dolls and two mermaids:
I used some of me favourite pink stripey fabric and have been sewing on swirls of crocheted crimson wool for hair - not the quickest method of creating hair but I love the effect. I just need to add hair to one more then give them faces, and maybe some well placed clam shells or star fish for the mermaids' modesty, then they're done. This could really be the start of something... I might sell them at the craft fair.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...