Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Amelia's Compendium of Fashion Illustration

Last night I downed tools early and headed over to Tatty Devine, Brick Lane, not only because they are one of my favourite jewellery makers but also to attend a special event - I went to see Amelia of Amelia's Magazine on the final night of her book tour.
I got to sample some refreshing Lychee, Berry and Basil Juiceology and admire/eat some scrummy beautiful biscuits from The Biscuiteers, before listening to an inspiring talk about Eco fashion, illustration and social media from Amelia herself.

I treated myself to a copy of the book (so I could pour over the illustrations) and also came away with a fab Tatty Devine bag and some Dr Hauschka face mask samples.
I met some truly lovely people including Emma Block (whose gorgeous pictures are in the book) and Maria Papadimitriou (who makes very clever jewellery from thrown away plastic).

You can even see me amongst the crowd in the photos on Tatty Devine's blogpost about the event here or admire Emma's perfectly iced biscuit and photos of the night here. And if you are still wondering what all the fuss is about visit Amelia's Magazine.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...